Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Welcome To My World!

Thanks for taking the time to visit our blog about turf maintenance at RedGate Golf Course.  One of my goals since recently being named Superintendent at RedGate is to keep the public and our members informed about current course events and conditions.  The best way to achieve that is through this new craze called blogging.  It's not new to me because I have a personal blog about my love of cooking.  But in the world of turf professionals, this is a somewhat new venture.  Most of us got into this career because we weren't sitting at a desk in front of a computer.

Postings to this blog will include information about all aspects of the tasks that we perform on the grounds of the golf course.  It will also include informative posts and links that other professionals have authored.  There will also be occasional bios of my staff in efforts to shine a light on the jobs they do day in and day out with little fanfare.  Any good Superintendent knows he can't survive the rigors of summer without a motivated staff.

So check back periodically to see what we're doing and why. If you have any questions or concerns, I can be reached at mjohnson@redgategolf.com.  The door to my office is always open if you want to chat but the best place to find me is on the course...

No comments:

Post a Comment